Tuesday, July 8, 2008

I Left My Heart in NYC ...

Our vacation-slash-mini family reunion was pretty amazing.
Warning: PIC-HEAVY POST AHEAD!

Chris was more of a mess leaving the kids behind than I was!
He was teary eyed the first 24 hours of our trip ... total proof of what an amazing dad he is.

For starters, I'm a new fan of Jet Blue.
We had great flights both going and returning.
Loved watching DirecTV while on the plane.

Are you ready for our location in Manhattan?
40 Central Park South!
As in, my friend's apartment is literally ACROSS from Central Park!
It was insane.
I could totally get used to having a doorman! Ha!

Sunday morning we headed out early for Mass at St. Patrick's Cathedral.
That afternoon I met Chris' uncle Matt for the first time along with his wife Jing and 5 year old daughter Cynthia.
We had the *most amazing* lunch in Chinatown.
Little Cynthia was a doll ... it was fun traipsing around with her.
LOVE Pearl River Market!

Some Chinatown pics:





Monday we shopped.
H&M.
Steve & Barry's.
Lush.
And lots of designer "window shopping".
Desperately hungry, we had lunch at Friday's.
Nothing spectacular ... but made fun with the enormous margarita's Patrick & I drank.
That night ... it was Yankee time! Took the subway up to The Bronx.
We met up with Uncle Jim & Barbara.




Tuesday, Chris & I slept in.
We strolled through Central Park on the way to The Metropolitan Museum of Art.
We ate lunch at the Petrie Court Cafe.
It was delish.
I ate the most fabulous dessert I have EVER had ... a key lime ice cream sandwich with a Meyer Lemon & Carmel Torte.
We also took the skyline in from the Roof Garden Cafe atop The Met.
We drank $12 vodka cranberries.
It was one of my favorite moments of our trip.
We ended the day with dinner with Matt at Mickey Mantle's Restaurant and a horse drawn carriage ride around Central Park.
$50 bucks for a twenty minute ride!
I figured it's one of those lifetime experiences that make it worthwhile!
Chris' opinion? Not so much! Heh.








Wednesday, we paid a visit to Engine 23.
Chris swapped fire department shirts and patches.




And just for fun.
Some snapshots ...

Hello Kitty [on Park Avenue, i think.]


My friend Jan's breakfast nook:


Well, that's it folks.
I already developed about 125 prints.
Let the scrapbooking begin!

10 comments:

Kristii said...

Looks like you had a great time!! I really enjoyed your pictures!! You're right, you might as well live it up!!

Lauren said...

I loved looking at your trip pics.!!! Being that I am only 30 min. out of NYC and used to work there everyday, you take things for granted! I loved the Hello Kitty! I haven't seen that before.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Looks like y'all had a great trip! That's awesome.

Susan Beth said...

Cool picture tour! I've never been to NYC, but it looks like you had fun. Maybe someday! Glad you had a great trip!

vtpuggirl said...

What an amazing time of a lifetime! Great photos!

amber said...

Wow, girl. Looks and sounds like an amazing time. The carriage ride? Priceless in my humble opinion. ;) I've always wanted to do that.

Cannot wait to see the goodness you scrap up with those shots!!

Deanna G. said...

o.m.g. where do i even begin? umm, hello ultra fashion week woman! love that dress and those cute tops and your summer sandals and and and :) you and the husband look like you're honeymoonin' :) so glad you guys had a great time! xo.

Heidi Joe said...

DuDE! I keep coming back to see your pics, right? Then, I'm like hey I didn't leave a comment. Whatsupwiththat?

Not for nothing, but I would have paid double that for a ride in Central Park. =)

TONIGHT IS YOUR NIGHT BROOOOOOO!

Vee said...

awww, love your recap!! your trip looked awesome and what did you get from lush? on my way there today, need to replenish :)

Sweet Peripety said...

Loved all those pics. What fun. Gosh, really looks like you had a wonderful time. Thanks for your comments on my blog...